There is a total need for Family Ministry and Bible teaching here at Alva. It has become obvious that the Lord saw fit to forge steel at Metro for the work in Alva.
Pray for David to stay focused on God's priorities and direction as we wade into a sea of needs (and demands on time/energy).
There is already a mommies outreach and a sketch of sunday school. There are two classes: babies and 5-13! there is a rota of 8 ladies. So yeah we are praying.
We have no real worship ministry. the next 4 weeks are scheduled and after that we go back to organ playing unless God provides the worship leader.
Our leading is toward providing a consistent Biblical diet for kids and adults; and consistent prayer for ministry to bubble up. Our first move, God willing, will most likely be starting a prayer meeting. To seek the Lord, to know His will for all things pertaining to life and godliness.
David sees his role as a teacher and evangelist and wants to help establish the Bible focus of the existing Ministries. But we know Dave, so pray for balance as he wades into it all.
There are elder Christians coming from all corners of the area to be a part of what is happening here. Retired ministers, returning missionaries, and many locals who have wandered far afield in search of sincere fellowship. Word is getting out.
There is a need for ongoing ministry to the 'Scottish Reserve' who kept this church alive (about 12 people) and relevant outreach to the unchurched community (aprox. 5200 people)
Some of the people who held on over the dying years of the church are also the people who drove many others away. We are praying for healing and a washing that comes with God's word and the ministry of the Holy Spirit. That God will perhaps lift His responses to prayer above His historical accomplishments. Psalm 138:2
We want to raise healthy, well-fed sheep. Pouring out our lives over their acts of worship in Spirit and in truth.
As Paul writes unter the authorship of the Holy Spirit in
Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Colossians 4:12 "Epaphras ... is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured."
Your prayers matter. Let us know you are out there reading this (hit "Comment")
13 comments:
Praying indeed, my lovely Frasers! Blessings to you and thank you for the update!
Jenny
Hey Frasers...thanks for the update. The Spirit of the living God is moving and drawing people to Himself. May He establish and bless the work of your hands as you love & serve those He brings down your path.
John 4:23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."
Shipps<><
Hello Frasers...indeed we are reading your blog and praying for you. I (Vanessa) am thinking, as Metro has invited the children to be a part of the worship service, might you also invite the kids into your adult worship time at church. I know when ever I see the kids up in front of the congregation singing, it renews my spirit. The simple, sweet songs of “Sunday School” are a great reminder of how pure the Love of God is. At the very least it might buy some time before the organ is brought back into the worship service…no offence to organ players. We’ll be praying that your community of worshiper (even the little one) will join in song.
Love,
Colin and Vanessa Jahn (and Micah)
David, I will continue to pray for you and Liz! Very exciting to keep abreast of how God is using you and has prepared you both for this.
We are praying for your family, your ministry, the church, the community and the nation. Our hearts are with you and the Lord will keep His promises in return for your faith, your obedience, your courage and your service.
The photos are awesome. Beautiful town; beautiful church.
Hello to my brother, sister-in-law and the boys...my little monkeys!!!!
I love to read ALL about your travels and life and happenings, etc.!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE it!
And i have a birthday song for Siah, if David and Elizabeth will sing it for him, please..
It goes like this..
Happy birthday to you, you belong in a zoo...with the chimps and the MON-keys...and you look like one, too!
Happy Birthday Josiah!!
I LOVE YOU!!!
ha ha ha...now give him a tickle and say..."Ont Kelly says Happy Birthday"!!!
ha ha ha
Love you all...many blessings and a hug from the states!
mmmmwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
(that's the sound of a BIG kiss!)
Hello, so good to hear from you and the wonderful things God is doing with and through you. We miss you and love you and are praying for you all. Psalm 33. Keep the updates coming. Hope to walk those hills with you one day.
Love you guys and miss you so much. Did I tell you that the Scottish accent is my favorite? So now will Daniel not only be one of the cutest boys in the world but he will sound adorable too. You are on my heart and in my prayers.
Amy Benn
the worths are loving you from here. missing you all and praying for your continued refreshment as you walk this out.
be blessed.
liberty and the gang
Hey you guys!
I'm glad I finally checked out your blog! Elizabeth is a good spokesperson!
:)
Anyhow, the pictures are amazing. I hope you are pretty well settled in.
I miss you very much.
:|
But thankfully we can all keep in touch now without having to see each other!
I guess the boys (Josiah in particular) will start to sound like good Scotish lads!
Anyway, good to see signs of life from you. (Did I tell you I miss you????)
Dave
:|
:)
Hello my sweet friends,
yes we are praying!!! And thinking of you fondly.
I love the photos, the town looks really beautiful, Idyllic, even. I was overcome with the desire to figure out how soon and for how long we can come over and visit. Sadly, until Dave gets some help hired here, and we build up some more air mileage, I will just have to dream and pray. I'm sorry this is my first post, I only just read the invite e-mail today.
Much Love,
Kristine
Dear Dave & Liz, Daniel & Josiah xo
So wonderful to receive your update. Although you are all sorely missed, I know the Lord has you right where He wants you! Always praying for you, Love, Cindy
Post a Comment