Hi. It's Elizabeth here. A very happy New Year to all.
Certainly a roller-coaster of 8 and a half months that we've had on British soil! So grateful to be living near family, yet definitely experiencing the strangeness of a different place, and finding it hard that we don't know anyone well- yet - lots of culture shock to be had all round. The boys are adjusting keenly, finding friends and getting into life. We're praying for a house, preferably before the new baby arrives, but we trust in God's timing.... as much as we can! When we're not trusting, we're worrying! But I know to keep fast to the mission ahead, even if that's just taking it a day at a time and learning about what God wants for this town - or even for this nation.
The calendar is filling up - I have this incredible sense of the speed of life. Little chance to pause for breath. I am trying to clear and tidy after a busy (and fun-filled) Christmas, but this year is not giving me much of a run up, it is flooding in from all sides. Please pray that I can prioritize and not do meaningless tasks that God would rather I left by ......the .........wayside.....
Goodness, I'm having difficulty writing this.....Are you bored of reading this?
I really feel that I've been writing for the sake of an entry, rather than for the sake of those I know and love and for the sake of staying in touch with people I care deeply about. I've been so busy with house and children and family and a weary, sick pregnancy and numerous ministry opportunities, that I'm glad to have left the blog updates up to David. But I had wanted my first entry to be dynamic and encouraging about all that God is doing with the Fraser family's mission to Scotland.
The truth is, I need your prayers as we enter 2008. I am low in this cold wet town. The people we know are warm and welcoming but I am tired of not having a proper place to call home - a nest to feather, as it were.
I'm also tired of leaning on my family for support and advice because, let's face it, it's all new to me too and friends do not abound - solid, trusting relationships take time.
Mostly, I'm tired of misunderstanding my role in this life, and wanting to do it all, but only having the energy (at 5months pregnant) to manage the basics. One minute I am elated and joyful and throwing myself into a new season with the enthusiasm that only God gives. The next I am exhausted, fearful and withdrawing into a tight ball of self preservation, wishing for an easier way, and forcefully making time to call my own.
Please, please pray for balance and peace for me. In ministry, I have heard that one needs boundaries while still being available to people who may show up on your doorstep. Well, when the town is literally on our doorstep, I find it difficult to aptly judge what to say Yes and No to, and it's wearing me out!!! We have some kind of meeting or ministry event going on every night this week. Crazy.
So now I've written that, I'm not in denial any more!! :) Thanks for listening. Please bring it before the Lord if you think of us and have the time.
We miss everyone a lot. We miss California. We still know that we took the path God had for us. Please remember us, and please keep us posted on what is happening with you. We're blessed to have you as friends - thank you for your support.
Lots of love, In Christ. xxxx
(DF) PS we would love comments on these blogs and check all the time.
2 comments:
I am praying for you especially as I know, with my daughter being a pastor's wife as well, how difficult a place that is. Not that it is not very rewarding but as you expressed, knowing the boundaries..., I think the phrase "super mom" does not even come close.
Know that your husband and the children are the first priority of those living here on earth, I'm not including Jesus and God, that's a given. You can't possibly have the strength to meet everyone's needs but Jesus does give us the strength if we go one day at a time.
I've never been to good at looking forward because I get overwhelmed. I make lists and then forget about them, leaving them here and there. I find them weeks, months later and say to myself well this got done but I totally forgot about that, oh well... Writing things down helps vent in a silent sort of way.
Love to David, tell him happy birthday from me. A little late but he was thought of on his day. And love to your boys, do you know what the baby is yet?
Home is where the heart is, Love in Christ, Jennifer D
Love you guys so much and praying for you all! Thank you for your dynamic and real post:) We are thrilled that God is at work. I just found the blog of the pastor who used to be there and what a complete God-thing it was for you guys to come there to Alva! Those are the things to remind yourself when days get low. Just knowing you are where you need to be is half the battle of the mind:) You are loved and missed greatly! Email us when you are able:)
love,
Christina and Shane
Post a Comment