1. Relationship with God
Committing to consistent disciplined prayer is
THE most difficult thing I have ever done!
I am a failure at it.
Please pray for me so I can come to the river
and not be slowly killed by the stress and worry of carnal ministry!
2. Alva
We are weighing priorities for spring.
Outreach, evening services, midnight service?, Mid-week Bible study/prayer meeting, youth club, etc. Join us in praying as Paul did
for abounding love, real knowledge and all discernment.
3. Frasers
Baby Fraser due in Mid-may.
Still looking for a house to purchase.
We are still renting and that is OK,
but the rented house has this unidentifiable odour.
It’s like mice mixed with sewer but it only wafts through from time to time
and nobody else smells it.
Landlord, Building & Safety, Environmental services, Prayer team…
but it is definitely there.
My pregnant wife is disgusted by it. (me too)
We still have the money from our home sale
in LA waiting, to flip it into a property here.
but one year later:
the renewed investment interest rate is no longer covering the loan interest.
So as of April 1 we are paying rent and some interest on the loan.
(may seem foolish to hold the money, but the deal is so good that we may not be able to borrow again at this rate)
We are asking God for a 4 br house
(Three beds and a study) with a yard.
There are so many homes, in every neighbouring town
that fit us and we can afford.
Liz would enjoy retreat away from folks,
but commitment and loyalty matters strongly to folks here.
I am convinced that we need to live in Alva.
I also want to live in the heart of town among our people.
We are trying to balance stewardship with contentment.
There is one house lately on the edge of town in Alva,
but it is just wonky and a poor layout.
We are not even depending on expectations from USA,
it’s about the investment opportunities in Alva.
and whether this is good enough
or if we need to be shrewd and patient.
Major discernment issue!
Liz is a bit desperate and a bit depressed with our current state.
She has the strong ‘nesting’ urge and is trying to be a good soldier of the Lord,
But neither of us is convinced that God has ordained this situation.
We are willing to move in any direction, granted confirmation.
Some days we want to just give in
and move 3 miles away to a lovely home.
It’s not like we are suffering in Darfur!!!
I feel like a real wuss even speaking up about it.
But it is a constant stress.
God knows what He is doing.
We want to know what He’s doing.
1. Prayer
2. Ministry
3. Family
Please pray with us!
JehovahJireh,
~David
4 comments:
Haggai 1
3 Then the word of the LORD came through the prophet Haggai:
4 "Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin?"
5 Now this is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways.
6 You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it."
7 This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways.
8 Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build the house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored," says the LORD.
9 "You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?" declares the LORD Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house.
10 Therefore, because of you the heavens have withheld their dew and the earth its crops.
11 I called for a drought on the fields and the mountains, on the grain, the new wine, the oil and whatever the ground produces, on men and cattle, and on the labor of your hands."
12 Then Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the whole remnant of the people obeyed the voice of the LORD their God and the message of the prophet Haggai, because the LORD their God had sent him. And the people feared the LORD.
13 Then Haggai, the LORD's messenger, gave this message of the LORD to the people: "I am with you," declares the LORD.
Matthew 11
28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Philippians 4
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-- think about such things.
9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
10 I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it.
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
14 Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles.
Ha! You're really Scottish now! You spelled odor o-d-o-u-r. It's all over. :)
Regardless, I'll be praying for all of you.
Post a Comment