Resolve every day to find the opportunity to share the gospel!
We are firefighters lugging the limp bodies of people overcome by the toxic fumes of life. Just a few words about God's provision for repentance and forgiveness of sin.
today I took the boys to visit Stirling Castle. Alongside the castle is an old cemetary which the boys enjoy wandering through. There we met three young boys, one of whom knew me from our kids club on Friday nights. Of the three, one was too young and just wanted to be silly, but the other two were ripe for the answer to the major question of life: How do you get into heaven.
It was their question.
All I did was point out that angels in the bible are always male and that it seemed odd to me that so many headstones depicted female angels. And the train kept a rollin...
Jake and Ross prayed for God to forgive their little boy sins, convinced that any broken commandment is the same as murder. Stolen cookies and cheeky attitude toward parents was enough to be moved to ask God for forgiveness because Jesus died for all sin on the cross.
Ross said: "I wont remember this, I learn stuff on TV all the time and I dont remember that stuff either" I pointed him toward a cross headstone and said: "See that cross? Just remember Jesus paid for your sin by dying on a cross and remember you are forgiven. And live as a friend of God. Jesus rose again on Easter and we all live forever. And you will definitely be invited into heaven because when you meet God you will have been forgivien."
Will you pray for Ross and Jake to remember what happened today?
This Sunday night we will have the first baptism in the church in a long time. This Monday we will have the first wedding in the church in a long time!
The Gospel, Declarations of faith, Life-long covenants, signs of abundant life in Scotland! It happens all the time.
Love never fails!
~D
Prayer:
Please pray for Liz and David for prioritization in life.
And our marriage as we learn to love well in the midst of an often tumultuous life in service.
Also Dave is on study leave from 9-22 March as he plans for an evening study and Sunday Morning Sermons through the book of Genesis.
And for Liz as she makes friends in and around Alva.
And for the boys as they grow up and are increasingly influenced by the world around them.
1 comment:
Dear David & Liz,
I am distributing the Hope ESL CDROM for free to missionaries and I have no one in Scotland who has requested it. Do you know anyone involved in ESL ministry in Scotland?
Go to this link to see Bryon Monduks blog on it.
http://shepsstaff.org/blog/post/ESL-Tools.aspx
Pete Cavanagh
Post a Comment