Friday, 27 November 2009

Crisis

2 1/2 years since we went out from Metro to serve in Scotland.
There has been extreme grief as friendships ceased with our departure.
It's a busy life. We are all busy.
It's a challenge to keep on top of even that which is right in front of us isn't it?

The support that we truly depend on hasn't been financial or relational.
Jehovah-Jireh -- The Lord our Provider

But it is hard to keep sight of this in relative isolation from the people we grew up with. Liz and I have had a VERY hard time adjusting to missionary shock (David), re-entry shock (Elizabeth), post natal depression, the stress of reorienting to a denominational church culture where we believe God has placed us, raising sons, home maintenance, general christian growth...

This next bit may come as a shock.
Elizabeth has decided to separate from me.
we are working with the counselor we have been seeing for months now.

I do not agree with Elizabeth's decisions.
I cannot control this; or fix it.
I have decided to move into a flat so the rest of the family will experience as little additional disruption as possible.
It sucks.

God causes ALL things to work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
I believe this and I am not feelin it.
I am struggling with grief and pain and shame and frustration and anger and fear and renewed hope as they wash over me in oscillating waves.

I have shared this with the fellowship here in Alva,
with my prayer partners;
and with a couple of strangers I just met who are planting a church nearby.

And now you are more specifically aware of how you can pray.

I considered whether I am qualified to continue in ministry.
(an overseer) must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church? (1Ti 3:4-5 ESV)

I am not sure that I have failed to manage my own household well.
I am convinced that I am not able to 'manage' Liz.
I offered to step back from commitments, to quit ministry entirely;
but Liz is making this decision for her reasons.
Her family supports this
I feel quite alone in my insistance that this is wrong.

But God is holding us up we both want to perservere and see victory.

This has deeply affected our family in Alva.

Please be praying,
David

This last Sunday's Sermon was on suffering in crisis.



4 comments:

LayDTee said...

No words...simply, we will be praying.

8675309 said...

Praying for all of you....

Christy T. said...

Also, no words.
We will be praying. I can't imagine how difficult this is for everyone.

Jesus Booth Ministries~Romans 10:13-15 said...

Isaiah 43: 2 When you pass through the waters,I will be with you;and when you pass through the rivers,they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire,you will not be burned;the flames will not set you ablaze.

Praying for you both, your kids and your church family.