Liz is encouraged and feeling stronger.
and we still have trouble.
Please pray specifically for our family.
I started with how Liz's decissions afflicted me.
Then I decided "poor Liz she is afflicted and she is affecting me"
Now I realize "poor Liz, I totally afflict her".
Its never one-sided, but God is showing me how important it is to be obedient to Him despite what we think or feel about others we share life with.
God has called me to love my wife to the point of laying down my life for her.
I am facing the reality that I failed to love Liz like Christ loves the church and she is right to point it out.
I brought you all in on this episode of our lives.
It's a bit embarassing and I would rather keep it all quiet.
But I feel we signed up for a life on display as missionaries
and cant reconcile just sending out postcards of happy children and church-folk at BBQs.
And for this entire post I have struggled
with wanting to plead my innocence and justify my sin.
And point out the messy web of genuine offenses and sinful responses.
Satan's got the whole room in a big cream pie throwin fight!
This messy bit of life is God working all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
We hope to see evidence of that soon...
Please pray,
David
Please pray,
David
No comments:
Post a Comment