Something good is happening in Scotland!
God has seen fit to allow trials and refinement this winter.
I have really learned to love my wife like Christ loves the church.
The Lord has healed me of a deep fear of failure and abandonment.
(through something that felt exactly like failure and abandonment!)
Elizabeth is warming up to me again.
She sees that I am committed to Her.
My identity is more plainly rooted in Christ
and not merely what I do for Him.
Something so sinful crept up on us; THROUGH us.
I was railing against a lack of respect.
Liz was injured by bitterness and anger coming from me.
I was bitter and angry due to unmet expectations of Liz AND myself
I had lapsed into a religious performance,
spinning plates and working hard;
trying to outrun failure.
Plain scared.
Faithlessly working...
Trying to earn something, I suppose.
(even though we know where that gets us: Rom 4:4-5; Eph 2:8-9)
I don’t think I could have seen this without the pain and angst that the last four months have delivered.
I am tearful as I type and consider the great things the LORD HAS DONE FOR US.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow...
I don’t fully understand how it all works together,
but am living in the light of this truth.
...for good
to those who love God and are called according to His purposes.
Prayer:
1. For growth from strength to strength in our marriage and family.
2. We begin studying through Genesis on Sundays from 3-5, with topical sermons from those chapters the following Sunday worship and home groups to discuss these during the week.
I hope to see a reduction in diverse studies and a focus on the same body of scripture church-wide.
3. The Chaplaincy at the local HS is flourishing and Kids know they can depend on me for an answer from the Bible.
This is feeding into the Christian club on Tuesdays after school.
These kids are asking for a Bible study, and I think a discipleship course will suit them.
4. More families are turning up at the church on a Sunday and we need strong vision and leadership for the kids ministry.
5. We are planning to participate in an evangelistic mission in October with Impact World Tours from YWAM.
This will help us to focus on discipleship training now, in anticipation of the event in the Fall.
6. I pray that we will be able to develop a younger generation worship service over the summer to be up and running for the Fall.
Vision & Mission:
Study, fellowship, breaking of bread and prayer...
...Making disciples
Thanks for being good friends and faithful to pray,
Dave
Halelujah!
4 comments:
Great to hear all this. You guys continue to be in our prayers!
Praising God indeed! Blessings on you & your house, and may there be even more fruit of His faithfulness to come....
Amen!!
Praise God indeed! We'll continue to pray for you and your family.
Post a Comment